Saturday 7 April 2012

[sic] v Slackson - Just Wanna Be

Another one I should admit a slight connection to, in that [sic] is a Bristolian producer who I once did some press work with in the past… and whose two little chums Norman & Millie I've been known to dog-sit for on occasion as well. But, y'know, if the record was rubbish I'd find some excuse not to review it, believe me!

And rubbish Just Wanna Be most certainly isn't… in fact it's one of the best things I've heard yet from Dan (AKA [sic]), who's a tutor at Access To Music by day. He's previously been known for his sparse minimal techno productions, but here he takes a step into far housier territories, with a bouncy, dubby deep house number with a strong (but not overwhelming) female vocal that should go down a storm right now.

Just the one mix promo'd but that might change, I'll keep ya posted…

Out: Now

About: This comes on UK label Re:Sound Records. Oh yeah, and you can buy it at Beatport

No comments:

Post a Comment