Monday 19 November 2012

ALBUM Various – Deeperfect Street's Stuff Vol 2

Deeperfect's Street Stuff Vol 2 Deeperfect
What's that you said?

Oh, you didn't say anything.

That's weird. I could have sworn I heard someone say, "Thanks for the Great Stuff review Russ… are there any other labels you know of who consistently turn out very dependable and floor-friendly tech-house goodness? And who have a compilation out this week full of gems in said vein, with which I might feasibly 'rock' the proverbial 'house?'."

Clearly I didn't. My bad.

If I HAD heard someone say that, though, I'd have answered, "Yes, my friend. Italy's Deeperfect is just such a label, and you're in luck because – unbelievable coincidence though it may seem – they, like Great Stuff, also have a label compilation out this week."

And this is it. Tracks  – seven of 'em in total so I'll let you decide whether you want to call this an album or an EP – come from (deep breath) Deas & Lubica, Alex Gomez & Bias, Blacktron, Chiqito, Madutec, Michael Myers and Taktfast, and as with the Great Stuff comp, tough-ish but party-centric tech house is the general rule, with a couple of more techno/prog exceptions thrown in and, strangely, another nod to the speed garage days in the form of the vocal on Gomez & Bias's Slow Movement.

Out: This week

About: You can find Deeperfect on Soundcloud, on Facebook or at the website of parent company Sound4Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment