Saturday 15 September 2012

Sasse – You Took My Love

Sasse You Took My Love My Favorite Robot
If you like your deep house a little more on the leftfield/experimental side, this latest from My Favorite Robot should suit.

In its Original form, You Took My Love is one of the hardest records to classify/describe I've heard all week. 'Leftfield deep house' kinda works but there are influences in there as well from acid house and garage, all topped off with a vocal that sits somewhere between an indie growl and Sly Stone. It's interesting stuff, certainly, but it's the remixes that work better for me.

There's a straight-up instrumental, plus refixes from James What and from Sasse himself. Mr What's rub takes us into more easily quantifiable deep/tech house territory, with the vocal pared right back, but the standout here is Sasse's own Detroit Mix, which foregrounds a plinky-plonky, xylophone-ish synth riff that's not a million miles from Nightwriters' Let The Music Use You

Out: This week

About: You can find My Favorite Robot at their own website or on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment