Thursday 16 August 2012

Roy RosenfelD – I Like

Roy Rosenfled I Like Rusted Records
We seem to be on something of a jackin', heads-down kinda tip tonight so here's some more drummy tech bizniss courtesy of Roy RosenfelD and Rusted Records.

There are three mixes of I Like. The Original is big n' bouncy and to these ears has something of that Great Stuff kinda feel about it… it's also got an attitude-y and rather rude female vocal*. David Herrero's deeper remix has whooshy drums that make me think of tribal NYC house circa 1994/95 while the Khainz Remix is a more struttin', funkified affair.

Again, three solid and varied cuts that'll cut the mustard on the dancefloor mos' def. Should you happen to need any mustard cutting… what a strange expression that is.

Out: This week

About: Rusted Records are based in Israel and can be found on Facebook and Soundcloud, or at their own website.

* Unless I'm mishearing her and doing the girl a disservice, of course… you are after all talking to a man who, as a small boy in late 1970s New Jersey, thought Chic had a song that went "Le Freak - say shit" so I have been known to be wrong in these matters before!

No comments:

Post a Comment