Friday 6 July 2012

Nick Devon - So Addicted EP

Nick Devon So Addicted 3am Recordings
This record just made me turn out all the lights, pump up the volume and have a disco in the living room to it all by my own self. Which is about as good as it gets at the age of 42, really.

Two tracks, four mixes in total, and every one a winner. "Deep and dark bass-led house," is what the hype sheet calls So Addicted itself, and I won't argue. I will just point out though that a) label boss Al Bradley's 3am Deep Remix is the dog's nuts and b) no, it's not the Mainline sample you might be expecting – it's actually got a spoken male vocal, with vocodered 'answer' vox to die for.

But speaking of samples, over on the B Nothing does very strange things with the vocal from People Hold On… or is it just the lyric, cos I'm not sure if it's a resung male version of the same, or just a very pitched-down sample? Either way, this second big, echo-y monster can also be found lurking in a canine scrotal sack near you… and it comes with a deeper refix from Pete Dafeet too so we really are getting a bit spoilt here.

Out: This week

About: This comes of course on 3am Recordings, who can be found on Facebook and Soundcloud. Nick Devon is from Greece, and I'd also just like to point out that I don't think I've ever typed the words "canine scrotal sack" before.

I'm gonna try not to make a habit of it. You never know where these things will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment