Tuesday 30 August 2011

Soul Sway - Don't Step Down EP

Okay, so who's up for a spot of top-quality, uber-deep house with a slightly techy edge but with plenty of soul and funk in its veins as well? Thought so. Then allow me to introduce this three-track EP from Soul Sway.

Er, except I've pretty much already said what I wanted to say about it! But I guess I can still tell you that Think is the most upbeat and 'dancefloor' of the three cuts on offer and comes with a little beatnik swagger all of its own, while Don't Step Down is the most soulfully-inclined – you could see it working in a future garage kinda set – and Round Two is most sparsely beautiful and late-night-sounding.

Or, I could just tell you this is an EXCELLENT record and you should buy it immediately. In fact yeah, I think I'll do that.

Out: This week

About: This comes to you courtesy of brand new London deep house label Savoir Faire Musique, which is run by my man Scott Harrington (also of City Soul Project). They can also be found on Facebook and Soundcloud.

Soul Sway, meanwhile, comes from California and is now based in Washington DC, but that's as much as I know.

2 comments: