Thursday 30 December 2010

Joeski & Matthias Heilbronn ft Theory - My Fix

Joeski Heilbronn My FixWhen two big-hitters like this pair team up, you'd expect pretty good results. Thankfully, My Fix doesn't disappoint. Kicking off with a simple pulsating b-line that owes not a little to classic Chi-town house, it gradually builds and evolves into an intoxicating, eyes-wide-shut dark room rhythm, and then stays there for the rest of its nine minutes.

The Vocal Remix adds some spoken vox in that menacing/ominous/sci-fi kinda fashion - think Thick Dick's Welcome To The Jungle or, more recently Snuff Crew's Berghain – but to be honest, it's a trick other producers have played quite a lot, so I'd stick to the original if I were you. Sometimes less really is more.

Out: Now (but only for a few days, you're not too late!)

About: This comes atcha on SAW Recordings, the legendary NYC stable which should need no introduction from me even though I don't think they've cropped up on this blog before. More info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment