Sunday 25 October 2009

Evans & Nyra - Bruno Series

This might have gone in iDJ were it not for the fact that no-one saw fit to provide me with a release date. Accordingly I have no idea when it's out but anyway, Bruno Series in its original form is a pleasant-enough, swing-y houser that kind of comes on like a more accessible take on the Classic vibe. It's complimented by a Steve Mac remix that toughens things up a bit and brings the stabs to the fore… I can see the point of this mix but it's the original for me, sorry Steve!

Apparently Daniel Evans is a Sheffield-based DJ while Nyra has connections with Steve Lawler's VIVA, but that's about all I know.

About the label: This is on sMACk (sic), which is Steve Mac's label and based in Brighton. Can't seem to find a website for them but here's a write-up about 'em on Swedish house site Megamind and here's Mr Mac's MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment