Wednesday 15 September 2010

Jazzloungerz ft Johanna Olarte - Amor

Regular readers of this blog and/or iDJ will know I'm not the world's biggest fan of Spanish vocals, which means I'd bypass the Original Vocal here in favour of the Original Instrumental. Both, though, feature a main synth-string riff comprised of rising and falling, heavily filtered stabs that give the track a surprisingly Detroitian feel for Seamless (it also reminds me a bit of Akabu's Ride The Storm).

Lauer & Canard turn in a mix that's a bit more Ibiza-y and big room, but we'll skip past that to the Jonny Montana & Craig Stewart mixes. Again offering vocal and instrumental versions, this pair take the track down a far more, er, jazzy and loungey path altogether, with some tinkling ivories to die for, which do battle with some ker-razy parping organs.

Mixes to suit a range of floors/DJs/moods, then, but it's Montana & Stewart's instrumental all the way for me. Time to get loose, moose.

Out: This week

About: As with most Jazzloungerz material, this is on Seamless Recordings, who I recently got accused of being in love with, so much coverage have they had on this blog recently... but it has to be said they HAVE been on a serious roll of late, treading a deeper path than in days gone by. Visit 'em online here.

1 comment:

  1. Well I couldn't agree more! But then I'm biased - it's my label...Cheers Russell and thanks for the support...Ben Sowton

    ReplyDelete