Tuesday 22 November 2011

Motif - Halo

Just to show TIWWD isn't and was never meant to be purely a deep/tech house blog, here's something a little different…

The Original of Halo featured, you may recall, on last year's excellent Nu Disco Apres Ski mix album by Sare Havlicek. It's a delicate, ethereal number that sits somewhere between Balearica, slo-mo house and the floatiest of prog, and features an angelic female vocal from one Lena Belgart. Now, floaty prog with those dreamy-style vocals isn't usually my first choice, but sometimes a track just grabs you, doesn't it?

And Halo grabs me for sure. It reminds me a little bit of a more chilled-out sister to Milky's Just The Way You Are, another track I was surprised to find myself quite liking a few years back… maybe with a little bit of Kate Bush or Florence & The Machine thrown in for good measure. You get the idea, anyway.

It comes accompanied with three remixes. One's a straight-up instrumental, while Foto's mix ups the proggy elements, but perhaps of more interest to TIWWD readers will be the deep house-inspired mix from Joe Morris, which comes on not unlike vintage A Man Called Adam material.

It's between Morris's rub and the Original for me but yeah, liking this.

Out: This week

About: This comes on Dutch label United Recordings, who I don't think have featured on here before.

No comments:

Post a Comment