Friday 9 July 2010

ATP/Inside Man - Lost My Way/Thoughts Can Kill

A split EP here from my favourite under-rated D&B label, Vibration Records.

Lost My Way by ATP is a piece of sheer liquid funk bliss: ethereal and summery, it's a piece of music that should appeal way beyond the D&B soldiers (in fact, that might arguably appeal more to a general audience than it does to the junglist massive, but who am I to say?). Thoughts Can Kill by Inside Man on the B is a headier steppers' number, dubbed out to the max with just a hint of gnarliness to it, but not so much that it'll frighten the horses…

I think Lost My Way is my fave but I do like both tracks… put the two together and it's another fine release from this criminally slept-on imprint!

Out: This week

About: As stated, this is on Vibration Records, a mostly liquid-oriented D&B label based in darkest Essex (or was it Kent? one of 'em anyway). Find out more and HEAR THESE TRACKS by visiting their website, whydon'tcha?

No comments:

Post a Comment