Saturday 15 December 2012

Crazy P – Heartbreaker

Crazy P Heartbreaker 2020Vision
You've got to hand it to Crazy P really. I remember buying A Nice Hot Bath With… from Replay Records in Bath back in 1999, but as fine an album as that was, I'm not sure if you asked me then if I'd still be talking about them 13 years later, what I'd have said. But now here we are, and clearly I am.

Specifically, we're here to talk about a set of new mixes of Heartbreaker, taken from recent album When We On. If you didn't pick up the album yet then in its original form, Heartbreaker is a typically lavish, midtempo slab of Balearic-leaning, soul-drenched nu disco, while the new mixes of it come from Huxley and Mark E. The latter goes down the 'less is more' route, transforming the track into an epic slo-mo chug aimed at spangled late night/early morning floors, while Huxley's rub sees him doing what he does best and serving up a slice of funk-driven dancefloor deep house with garage-y overtones.

Basically, this is every bit as good as you'd want it to be… and with a line-up like that your expectations are gonna be pretty high!

Out: This week

About: This comes on 2020Vision, which has been pretty much the former Paper artists' home for the past five years or so. 2020 should need no introduction from me but here's their website, Soundcloud and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment