Tuesday 10 July 2012

Zoe Xenia – I Know You Can [Remixes]

Zoe Xenia I Know You Can Elevation
And speaking of thinking man's deep grooves, here's some more… from that Irish bastion of all things deep, Elevation.

I Know You Can was first out in 2011, we're told, though I'll have to be honest and say I must have overlooked it at the time, or not had it or something. So it's a good job they sent these remixes then, cos this is cracking! Mixing tech-house beats with a sultry, garage-y swing and a vocal that recalls all those 'chopped-up blues' cuts from the likes of St Germain, Moby etc, it's the 2012 Remastered Edition of the original that does it best for me, but with rubs from label boss Darran Nugent & Pavel Lenchenko (more heavily electronic), Zoe herself (infused with a dash of gypsy swing) and Werner Niedermeier (techy and twisted), there's fun to be had here for lots of jocks… always assuming you're playing to a reasonably educated/discerning floor and not your local Ritzys, that is!

Out: This week

About: Find Elevation on Soundcloud or MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment