Friday 13 July 2012

Slok – Feel Alive

Slok Feel Alive Circle Music
I'll be honest, I'm really not a fan of all those European, white-boy, synth pop-style vocals that are around at the moment… they remind me of the 80s, and I never liked them the first time around. Vocals like that have ruined many a perfectly good record for me in recent years.

Props must go to Italian techno producer and Electronic Petz label owner Slok then, cos this very now-sounding club throbber, which sits right on the house/techno cusp, sports just such a vocal, in this case supplied by My Favourite Robot. And I like it all the same. No mean feat!

I particularly like it when it comes in Subb-An Remix form, with plenty of added acid squelch… and I like it best of all on the digital-only Slok's Original Dub Mix, which drops the vocal almost entirely and allows the music to work its magic unhindered. Big, brooding and atmospheric but still with plenty of dancefloor oomph, this is big room house/techno 2012-style at its best. Drop the lights and turn it up.

Out: This week

About: This comes on Alex Flatner's Circle Music, who are based in Mannheim, Germany and who can be found here, here and here (website, Facebook, Soundcloud)

No comments:

Post a Comment