Tuesday 24 July 2012

Yakka – You Turn Me On

Yakka You Turn Me On Street King
Upping the tempo a little now with this two-track offering from Yakka on Street King.

You Turn Me On does something I'd usually advise against, taking a significant chunk from Diana's classic Upside Down. I say I'd advise against because biting such a well-loved classic can so often go so horribly wrong, but here it doesn't, making this bouncy, disco-fuelled houser something of a sure-fire party-starter, at least on those floors where they're not so far up their own backsides they can see their own teeth.

Gary Caos's remix on the B is a little bit too electrofied, brash and teenage for me personally but hey, I'm old, what do I know? It doesn't matter anyway, the A's enough.

Out: This week

About: Street King is of course part of the mighty King Street empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment