Thursday 23 April 2009

My first blog post (woohoo!) and a little bit about me

Hi, welcome to my new blog This Is Why We Dance.

The blog name is taken from a very, very, VERY good record by Deep House Souldiers. It's one of my all-time faves and if you need any more explaining than that as to what this blog is about, then it's probably not the blog for you.

As a reviewer for - actually Associate Editor of, dontchaknow, but that's not important right now - iDJ magazine here in the UK, I get sent tons of music. Some of which is actually quite good :-) but unfortunately we can only fit about half the good stuff into the magazine pages. Plus I get sent things that don't really fit my iDJ reviews brief: for iDJ I write about house but I also get sent some nice minimal/techno, D&B, cosmic disco etc. So all the good music I get sent that can't fit in iDJ, well, it can find some lurve here.

I also reserve the right to wibble on about older music that I love, moan about the state of the world, and generally prattle on. It's my blog. No-one else has any say over/input into/control over its contents. We're all equal in cyberspace baby, yeah! Or something. You get the idea. Remember, you don't have to read it. But I hope you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment