Wednesday 16 June 2010

Jens De Langer Vs VMH - Arcturian Armitrage

Regular readers (and I know from recent conversations there are at least two of you!) will know TIWWD has become a bit of a fan of Dutch label 90watts. Well, this is the new single from label manager Jens De Langer and 90watts owner Jeroen Van Meeteren… which Jens kindly sent me ages ago but which is just out now.

In its original form, Arcturian Armitrage is an upbeat, rolling and very slightly techified deep houser with some Eastern flourishes (think snake charmers n' souks n' that). The Arjuna Schiks Remix strips it down and techs it up a notch (or rather a notch each… it doesn't strip it down 15 notches and then tech it up just one, is what I mean). Optick & Ciprian Lemnaru then take us into more straight-up deep house territory before VMH takes the track on a looped-out ride that sits somewhere between Berlin and Chicago.

Again, all the mixes are cool but Optick & Lemnaru's would be my pick, with VMH's a close second.

Out: This week

About: Think I've explained everything, haven't I? But here's the 90watts website, and as this is from Holland I suppose I could try and say something witty and topical like, "Just don't all dance to it wearing matching orange mini-dresses or you'll get thrown out". Unfortunately, I can't think of anything. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment