Tuesday 30 March 2010

Tolga Baklacioglu - Blues EP

Deep house all the way from Turkey here, peeps!

There are three tracks in all: I Blues, You Blues and You Blues [dub KULT Remix]. I Blues is pretty much your straight-up deep house (from the more soulful end of the spectrum). You Blues is my pick of the two though, partly for the super-lush chords/stabs and partly because of the wailing backing vox that give the track that little extra Turkish twist. dub KULT, meanwhile, takes us down a slightly techier path, but without losing any of the track's essential soulfulness… and also makes more of that weird backing vocal.

I've never found myself having good times on bad drugs in the back streets of Ankara, so I can't swear down that this is what it would sound like, but you get what I'm saying.

Out: Today!

About: This is on Living Records, which is dub KULT's London-based label and has been going since 2006 – find 'em on that t'internet here. Tolga Baklacioglu, meanwhile, is Turkish and – so Discogs has just informed me – has had previous releases on Psycle Records, Lebendsfreude Records and Multi Vitamins. More info at his MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment