Saturday 25 April 2009

Kerri Chandler - Track 1 Revisited

In which Kerri revisits an old track of his called Track 1. See what he's done there?

For me Kerri is one of the best house producers of the last two decades, and probably one of my Top 5 favourite DJs (if I had a 'top 5 favourite DJs', that is), but I'm not gonna wax too lyrical cos I know the guy so it's embarrassing! Anyway yeah, this totally rocks but I'm guessing/hoping you probably don't need me to tell you that. Didn't make the iDJ reviews cut for June only cos it came in way too late - a March release when we were looking for May releases - but if it had come in in time, it'd have been an 8 or a 9 at least. Props must also go to Nadir Simon who blasts his saxomophone over several of the five mixes on offer on this rework/rerelease.

About the label: this is out on Max Trax, which is one of several offshoots of Digital Soul Inc. And Digital Soul Inc is the new label empire run by Rob Wunderman – the man, the legend, the guy who used to run King Street – so you know this is gonna be a stable to check. Hit up www.simplycoolmusic.com to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment