Friday 24 April 2009

Butane - Inferno Jack

Okay, here's one I quite like but didn't review cos it's not really a house record. Or is it? It's more like a house-y version of minimal, I guess, with this way out spoken vocal from what sounds like an English woman, though the producer is a Yank based in Germany so go figure. It's also mellow enough for Sunday chill-out type sets I reckon, and it's got some nice pianos which is always a plus in my book. Anyway yeah, it's quite good and it's out on May 11 on Crosstown Rebels.

About the label: shouldn't need any introduction really. Very hip and trendy. Can't say I'm a massive, massive fan but they've been putting out some good shizzle of late so I might have to change my mind on that. Find out more at www.crosstownrebels.com

Oh, and if you like this one, then track down 'Squirrels… Yeah!' by Lunamoth from 2003, a much-overlooked record on a similarly quirky/balearic kinda tip

No comments:

Post a Comment