Wednesday 6 October 2010

Soliery - Changes EP

Tokyo Red is a label that's been on a real run of form of late and this tech-house four-tracker from Soliery is no exception.

SooDuck (by BBQ & Soliery) gets the EP rolling with some chuggy, dancefloor-oriented bizniss. Memento is a slightly more sedate, late-night affair with some Arabic/Mediterranean flute-y type sounds from Bagrat Gevorkyan, Winter Melody plays with steppy, near-bruk beats, and then finally there's the real killer, 4 Friends, which sees us back in more upbeat/dancefloor territory, with a vintage Chi-town bassline and a shuffly, garage-y swing as the track progresses.

It's SooDuck and 4 Friends that are doing it for me more than the other two, TBH, but they'd be worth the price of admission on their own.

Out: This week

About: I've harped on about Tokyo Red enough I think so here's their MySpace and let's leave it at that! Otherwise you'll start thinking I've got Tokyo Red pillowcases… I haven't got Tokyo Red pillowcases. Although their medieval Japanese-themed cover art wouldn't actually look bad in bedding form, now I come to think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment